We are seeking an Environmental Scientist/Consultant with experience in Contaminated Land. We are seeking someone preferably with 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry. The position is casual on an as needs basis.
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology etc.
- Experience undertaking Preliminary Site Investigations (PSI) under SEPP 55.
- Experience undertaking background research for PSI investigations
- Experience in undertaking Detailed Site Investigations (DSI) or ability to learn such skills highly desirable.
- Experience using soil sampling augers both hand and powered and description of soils is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Solid problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- Ability to work with contract drillers and also operate a truck mounted drill rig is desirable.