We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Casual Ecologist/Environmental Scientist. We are seeking someone preferably with 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry. The position is casual on an as needs basis.
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- Experience in application of the NSW biodiversity planning framework, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and BAM Plots.
- Experience undertaking ecological survey with sound skills in the identification of the vegetation communities of NSW.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies in relation to field surveys and report writing.
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans, 5-part tests, BDAR Reports, including Vegetation Management Plans.
- Experience in Fauna Relocation desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Solid problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- Accredited BAM assessor (desirable).
Please complete the form below and include your resume using the provided field