Anderson Environmental Pty Ltd is currently seeking an experienced Ecologist/Environmental Scientist to join our Baulkham Hills Office. The ideal candidate will be required to manage/conduct field work and prepare reports for a variety of projects throughout the Sydney Region. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate clearly and manage time effectively within a consulting environment. The position will initially be casual with good potential to lead to full time for the right applicant who demonstrates their capabilities within our workplace.
Job Responsibilities Include
The successful applicant will use their skills to undertake flora and fauna assessments and surveys along with other environmental surveys and assessments within a Consulting Environment. Tasks will include working independently on field surveys and undertaking report writing to evaluate the impacts on flora and fauna and ecological communities in relation to various developments. Other assessments may also be required entailing soil and or water sampling and experience in a broad range of areas would be an advantage.
You must possess and demonstrate the skills below to be eligible for this position.
For EACH of the requirements below please provide a response to how you meet these criteria with a detailed response highlighting experience. Applicants who do not answer each of the requirements below and who only send a resume will not be considered.
- Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science, Applied Science or higher (with 1-2 years’ experience in consulting or related employment preferred)
- Demonstrated experience and competence in the identification of Flora and Fauna and Vegetation Communities within the Greater Sydney Basin.
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of Endangered Ecological Communities, flora and threatened fauna habitat.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and understand a broad range of inter-related issues when undertaking field assessments.
- Excellent demonstrated written and verbal skills and high level English
- Strong working understanding of relevant legislation (TSC Act, EPBC Act, EPA Act), Biobanking etc
- Current Manual Drivers licence with own transport and experience driving 4WD vehicles
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and efficiently
- Experience in Soils and Contaminated Lands or other environmental assessments such as Bush Regeneration would be an advantage
- Driving Record and Police check must be provided
- We are an alcohol and drug free workplace
Experience must be demonstrated within your application by answering the above criteria and providing other evidence as appropriate. Please also attach a full CV and any other information such as previous reports or projects you have worked on to demonstrate your experience.
Please apply via our online portal.
Applicants please reply attaching a PDF of your response to the above selection criteria, your resume, and a covering letter.
Applications which do not provide ALL of the above will not be considered.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Baulkham Hills - Sydney
Based on Experience and Qualifications
Application for this position has expired